International Marketing Manager, Latin America
March 2016 – current (~3 years)
- Built an events strategy to drive brand awareness in key Latin American countries. Countries in which I held events at include México, Chile, Costa Rica, Colombia, Ecuador, Argentina, Perú, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Panama, Guatemala, Honduras, and more. Strategy scaled to be replicated by colleagues in other regions worldwide.
- Crafted a content strategy across multiple Turnitin products and platforms, in Spanish and in Portuguese. Guided the development of two new website launches in 3 years.
- Led team of editorial contractors, writers, editors, producers and designers who craft and edit case studies, white papers, webinars, infographics, blog posts, content for social media, and more.
- Managed PR agencies to plan and execute activities in the region.
Director of Content
Marketing and Advertising industry
September 2014 – August 2015 (1 year)
- Grew online audience from zero to more than 100k total unique users (700k cumulative page views) over a 6-month span.
- Crafted editorial strategy, developed content across print, video and mobile platforms, and optimized production for search engines as well as social media.
- Managed community of freelance writers, scriptwriters, motion graphics animators, and video producers.
Content Manager, International
Leaf Group (Formerly Demand Media)
September 2011 – August 2014 (3 years)
- Conceptualized the editorial strategy and executed content production for Demand Media international websites, notably eHow en Español and LIVESTRONG.COM en Español.
- Traffic grew from zero to more than 50 million unique users and 280 million page views/month within 3 years.
- Built an evaluation system that analyzed 3+ million titles, determining whether topics applied to target demographic. Developed editorial guidelines, hired experts and set up standards to achieve rate of 20k translations/month.
- Wrote, edited and maintained guidelines for staff and freelancers to follow, which took into consideration quality standards, voice, and cultural concerns.
- Supported business development, sales, product and engineering initiatives related to international/foreign language content.
Editor, Content for Brands
Leaf Group (Formerly Demand Media)
October 2009 – August 2011 (2 years)
- Business grew to $1 million valuation within 3 years, with a dozen client content projects running at any given time.
- Assisted in the creation of a content strategy for Demand Media’s content partners, such as National Geographic, USA Today, Houston Chronicle, Salon.com and others.
- Understood the needs of a site’s audience, and used Demand Media’s proprietary title mining algorithms to produce the right kind of content for each site.
- Acted as a liaison between multiple teams that included product developers, taxonomists, title managers, and editors.
- Surfaced the best pieces of content to feature on the homepage and category pages of each site.
September 2009 – December 2009 (4 months)
- Wrote web exclusives for texasmonthly.com.
- Transcribed audio clips for writers, as well as archives dating back to 1973.
- Successfully performed intern duties such as fact-checking and researching, attended monthly editorial meetings, and pitched story ideas.
Time Out New York
June 2009 – July 2009 (2 months)
- Developed unique online content for the site.
- Provided in-the-field reporting on several breaking news stories. Assisted with a variety of day-to-day tasks that included linking, cropping photographs, uploading video, music and other supporting material to accompany blog posts.
- Contributed with a daily post to the music blog for 6 months after the end of the internship.
Austin Student Chapter of The Society of Professional Journalists
Nonprofit Organization Management industry
August 2008 – June 2009 (11 months)
- Designed the website from scratch using pure HTML and CSS.
- Trained a group of students to cover events using multimedia storytelling techniques involving video, photo and sound elements.
- Coordinated members of the organization to blog using CoverItLive at events hosted by the group.
Writer, Associate Editor
The Daily Texan (The University of Texas at Austin)
January 2008 – May 2009 (1 year 5 months)
- Carefully edited the accuracy of facts and writing style of each story.
- Established communication with different departments to improve coverage of the section.
- Learned the importance of media relations, observed strict deadlines and worked under pressure.
- Wrote previews, interviews, reviews and features.